Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Earlier Series Farmer Wants a Wife

The Farmer Wants a Wife is an Australian reality television series. Hosted by Getaway presenter Natalie Gruzlewski, the first six-episode series commenced on the Nine Network  on October 24, 2007. Another 3 series have since aired, with Series 4 coming to an end in November 2009. The fifth season aired on July 28, 2010.

Also keep up todate with the latest information and single Farmers at www.Farmerwantsawife2010.com

First Series Contestants
Farmer     Age     Location     Quote
Drew         32     Mudgee, NSW     "I have a cheeky nature... the lovable brat. There is never a dull moment in my life."
Brad          30     Swan Hill, Victoria     "Really I'd like to settle down with a woman who's not so ready and wants to share her journey with me."
Gus           32     Warren, NSW     "I come from a close and happy family and firmly believe this has made me the happy confident person I am today."
Jon           28     Deniliquin, NSW     "I hope to find a person with an easy going nature to share the good and bad times together."
Craig       27     West Wyalong, NSW     "I am looking for a girl that would be with me for the right reason; start a new life and then see where we would end up."
Chris       34     Tamworth, NSW     "You get a long way in life with a smile and a friend, someone who can laugh at themselves."

Second Series Contestants
Farmer     Age     Location     Quote
Rob          42     Mount Gambier, SA     "It hasn't all been easy, but the most difficult part is having no partner to share it all with."
James       36     Deniliquin, NSW     "Once I enter a relationship with someone I am intensely loyal."
Mick        24     Goulburn, NSW     "My female friends describe me as the perfect catch for any lady."
Howie      29     Weabonga, NSW     "I have a fair amount of determination. I need someone with equal or more amounts to keep me in line and to handle country life."
Ben          30     Jamberoo, NSW     "I'm now ready for someone to settle with and share what I have with me."
Nick        27     Wahgunyah, VIC     "I pride myself as a bit of a gentlemen - that is the way I have been brought up."

Third Series Contestants
Farmer            Age     Location     Quote
Jenny Blake       32     Tumbarumba, NSW     "I'm into serious relationships, not casual flings or time wasters."
Andrew Hall      25     Manoora, SA     "I like to brighten someone's day when they are down."
Paul Macdonald     36     Tarcutta, NSW     "I am not afraid to show affection in public."
Ralph Lyster        29     Mandurah, Western Australia     "The Playboy farmer"
Tim Farr      26     Mulwala, NSW     "The good looking one"
Damian Atkins     29     Caveside, Tasmania     "the Tasmanian"

Fourth Series Contestants
Farmer     Age     Location
Brad     29     Lithgow, NSW
Scott     28     Mungingi, NSW
Russell     27     Grampians, VIC
Nate     37     Goovigen, QLD
Phil     42     Mansfield, Vic
Gavin     49     Norwell, QLD
Steven     27     Norwell, QLD

Fifth Series Contestants (Current Series)

 Becky Age 34 SA
"I work hard and give 150 percent, not matter what I'm doing, so relationships are no different. I put everything I have into them."

Devon Age 25 VIC
"I love new experiences and I'm very excited about meeting new people and possibly finding myself a wife."

Jamie Age 40 WA
"I don't have bad moods, I refuse to have them. I never argue with anybody and I don't want to."

Charlie Age 25 NSW
"I'm very laidback and easygoing, but underneath I am very determined."

Nathan Age 26 WA
"The biggest thing I value in a woman is a caring nature."

Shaun Age 31 WA
"It would be great to meet someone that I feel some chemistry with right from the start."

Chris and Kim from the first show got married just one year after they met on The Farmer Wants a Wife. Also, other couples from series two are still totally in love, and are also planning their future. The first episode of The Farmer Wants a Wife featured in the UK on 2001. The original idea most likely dates back to the TV show Bauer sucht Bäuerin, broadcasted in 1983 on Swiss TV. The theory is that a number of farmers are introduced to women from the city, from whom they select to be their spouse. In Australia the idea is particularly relevant. With a lot of rural farmers separated from potential singles by large distances. Online Dating assists by bringing these farmers wanting a wife closer to each other by offering online chat rooms and programs such as The Farmer wants a Wife and really make their existence known. It is quite popular to court a single Australian farmer ! Series 5 of The Farmer wants a Wife includes a lady farmer, Becky.

For those of us who were not lucky enough to be selected to go on the show there is still hope with a dating site that exists to help rural farmers in their search using online dating. FarmDating.com.au provides an online community for all Australians looking for a friend, not just singles but for all those who embrace the rural way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment